Senior Specialist, New Ventures & Energy Transition
NorthRiver Midstream (NorthRiver) is one of North America’s leading gas gathering and processing businesses. With operations in Northeast British Columbia and Northwest Alberta, NorthRiver provides connectivity for its customers to major demand markets including the U.S. Pacific Northwest, U.S. Midwest and Western Canada.
NorthRiver’s assets include 13 owned and operated gas processing facilities and related assets throughout the Montney in Northeast British Columbia.
To learn more about us, visit http://www.nrm.ca.
We are actively recruiting for the role of Senior Specialist, New Ventures & Energy Transition. Reporting to the Vice President, New Ventures & Energy Transition and working alongside the executive team, the role will have a focus on new ventures, emerging energy (low carbon innovation) and strategy. Centred on the advancement of NorthRiver from the current state to an enhanced future state, the role will support the existing base business and grow the overall business including acquisitions, project development, and integration of new projects and assets as well as originating and advancing investment and commercial opportunities that are accretive to the business.
- Originating investment opportunities while fostering and maintaining strong relationships built on creativity, transparency, consistency and accountability.
- Evaluating and developing integrated energy infrastructure proposals and leading the negotiation of commercial transactions.
- Coordinating funding requests from the Investment Committee including business cases and coordinating multi-discipline team presentations.
- Overseeing and owning investment opportunities as they move through the Project Delivery Model.
- Providing clear, concise, consistent and timely investment opportunity evaluations, summaries and updates for the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Leading the identification and evaluation of emission reduction and emerging energy opportunities synergistic to NorthRiver’s base business and growth projects (including Hydrogen, Clean fuels, CCS, CCUS, DAC etc.).
- Working inclusively and collaboratively with senior leaders and business functions to engage regulators and all levels of government in pursuit of funding opportunities for identified emission reduction and emerging energy projects. This aspect will include developing and maintaining relationships with government entities and third parties to ensure ongoing dialogue and input into programs, policies and legislation.
- Collaboration with all business functions within NorthRiver to be certain investment assumptions are realistic, achievable and supported by the key leaders within the business functions.
- Supporting the advancement of systems, processes and people with respect to NorthRiver’s innovation and thought leadership initiatives.
- Accountable for leading and supporting the execution of NorthRiver’s key initiatives and quarterly objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or graduate level education in Finance or Business.
- 10+ years’ energy industry experience with relevant experience in midstream and energy infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of financial modelling, legal agreements, commercial structures and negotiating techniques.
- Experience in the preparation of business plans including strategy, marketing, accounting, financials and cash flow modeling.
- Strong organizational, communication, strategic thinking and change leadership skills.
- Ability to learn new systems and develop processes that leverage technology and people.
This is a high growth, fast paced organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a busy work environment is critical.
The above profile is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, qualifications, or other aspects of the job.
At NorthRiver Midstream we embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion with equal access to opportunities based on individual merit by creating an environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique capabilities and perspectives.
We accept applications online via our Careers page; http://careers.nrm.ca.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security and background screening, including a criminal records check.
You must sign in to apply for this position.