Prophet River First Nation is located 100km south of Fort Nelson, British Columbia, on the world-famous Alaska Highway at Mile 233. The PRFN community (reserve) is 924 acres in size. The traditional territory of the Prophet River First Nation is situated mainly in the boreal forest region of northeastern British Columbia.
Prophet River First Nation strives to be a self-reliant culturally connected First Nation with proud, responsible, independent members; a clear, viable and environmentally responsible economic future for our citizens; and a healthy happy, drug and alcohol-free community that thrives on mutual respect, integrity, honesty and traditional cultural values.
Reporting to the Chief Administration Officer (CAO), this position is responsible for all administrational duties and support for the CAO and the Chief and Council. This role schedules Council meetings, prepares agendas, records, transcribes meeting minutes, signs off, and records motions and Band Council Resolutions (BCRs) decisions. The Executive Assistant role works to provide community updates through newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, website, and annual reports.
- Administrative duties that include filing, photocopying, phone calls, recording minutes, scheduling meetings and coordinating meals, if needed;
- Coordination and planning of all internal and external meetings;
- Compile meeting package that includes agenda, motion and decision signatures pages, and supporting documents;
- Design, prepare, edit, format/digital regular newsletter, pamphlets, flyers, memos to communicate with community members;
- Update and maintain the PRFN website and Official Facebook page;
- Book all travel arrangements for Chief, Council and CAO;
- Post-travel reconciliation of expenses with receipts and submit to Finance for processing and reimbursements;
- Manages CAO and the Chief and Council schedules and books all meetings and commitments;
- Provides Chief and Council regular updates that outline BCRs completion status and steps required;
- Tracks all action items, deadlines for completion and person(s) responsible that arise in Council meetings;
- Interacts with members and assists as required;
- Prepares job ads as required.
Training, Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an office administrator position in a First Nation environment.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and knowledge of First Nation culture and working with First Nations and citizens is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher).
- Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as work within a collaborative team framework.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy preparing and editing letters, notices, minutes, reports, etc.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Capability to foster and maintain strong relationships, both internally and externally.
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and a minimum of three (3) references either by email or drop off
Chief Administrative Officer
Prophet River First Nation
Deadline to Apply – 4:30 pm Monday, September 27, 2021
You must sign in to apply for this position.