Sikanni River Outfitting
Sikanni River Outfitting is proudly owned by Prophet River First Nation. The Nation strives to be a self-reliant culturally connected First Nation with proud, responsible, independent members; a clear, viable and environmentally responsible economic future for our citizens; and a healthy happy, drug and alcohol-free community that thrives on mutual respect, integrity, honesty and traditional cultural values.
Reports to the Guide Outfitter/Manager. Our guiding territory is located at a remote wilderness camp in Northern British Columbia, Mile 171 Alaska Highway, Pink Mountain, BC. This is seasonal work during the hunting season. The Assistant Guide will accompany clients into a wilderness setting. The guides must be in great physical condition and have extensive back country knowledge and horsemanship skills (riding, packing, shoeing, caring, feeding, etc.).
- Providing outdoor wilderness and wildlife instruction to clients and wranglers. • Escorting clients and crew (wranglers and cooks, etc.) safely to their destinations.
- Gathering all gear needed (horse tack, camping gear, chain saw with fluids etc.). This gear needs to be checked daily and maintained. Ensures that all gear comes back to camp each day.
- Must be an effective and personal communicator with clients and crew.
- Have a very clear knowledge of various hunting areas and what the provincial hunting laws and regulations are for those areas (these laws must be communicated to the clients and crew including wranglers, cooks etc.).
- Always be prepared for hunts to last several days and even weeks.
Training, Education and Experience
- Current basic first aid certificate required
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A team player is a must (willing and able to help cooks, wranglers, and clients with their jobs or needs)
- Able to work in a fast paced manner
- Able to think and work under pressure
- Able and willing to work alone with no supervision. Each guide must come with, and keep in good repair their own gear including all proper seasonal clothing such as boots, coats, hats, gloves, etc.
- Able to lift and carry heavy loads by hand
- Able and willing to work in all weather conditions in almost every season
- Oversee that crew members are provided with clear, detailed instruction, and are performing their job well. Assists crew where needed
- Being strong and physically fit is a must as there is much standing, walking, and hiking at high intensity
- A strong recommendation that all guides obtain and maintain current basic first aid training
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and a minimum of two (2) references either by email or drop off
Sikanni River Outfitting
Deadline to Apply – Open Until Filled
Preference is given to members of Prophet River First Nation
You must sign in to apply for this position.