Prophet River First Nation is located 100km south of Fort Nelson, British Columbia, on the world-famous Alaska Highway at Mile 233. The PRFN community (reserve) is 924 acres in size. The traditional territory of the Prophet River First Nation is situated mainly in the boreal forest region of northeastern British Columbia.
Prophet River First Nation strives to be a self-reliant culturally connected First Nation with proud, responsible, independent members; a clear, viable and environmentally responsible economic future for our citizens; and a healthy happy, drug and alcohol-free community that thrives on mutual respect, integrity, honesty and traditional cultural values.
Reporting to the Chief Administration Officer (CAO), this position is responsible for procuring general supplies and materials, coordinating and delivering updates to the members, identifying and documenting standard operating processes and procedures, and general administrative duties. In addition, this position oversees both the receptionist and main office janitor roles.
- Administrative duties that include filing, photocopying, phone calls, etc.,
- Under the direction of the CAO, prepares and ensures the timely, accurate completion of all reporting, including government and regulatory agency requirements,
- Develops and oversees a centralized procurement process for purchasing supplies and materials and coordinates deliveries or pickup to ensure efficiency and cost savings,
- Verifies and records all standard operating procedures through flowcharting and step-by step documentation,
- Coordinates door-to-door meal drops for elders or other members,
- Responsible for coordinating community communication, including mass mailouts, newsletters, flyers, memos, etc., for all members both in community and Urban,
- Reviews and approves team member timesheets and submits to Finance for payroll processing,
- Assists Executive Assistant with post-travel reconciliation of expenses with receipts and submits to Finance for processing and reimbursement as required,
- Interacts with members and assists as required,
- Prepares and posts job ads.
Training, Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an office administrator position in a First Nation environment
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and knowledge of First Nation culture and working with First Nations and citizens is essential.
- The ability to maintain professional conduct, confidentiality, and ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher)
- Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as work within a collaborative team framework.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy preparing and editing letters, notices, reports, etc.
- The capability to foster and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Genuine respect for Prophet River First Nation culture and protocols
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and a minimum of three (3) references either by email or drop off
Chief Administrative Officer
Prophet River First Nation
Deadline to Apply – 4:30 pm Monday, September 27, 2021
You must sign in to apply for this position.